The printer driver in simple terms is a program that gives a computer the ability to communicate and connect with a printer to enable it to send print requests. It consists of two primary parts: the first is to act as a link between printer and computer, thus enabling the machine to comprehend the details of the printer hardware, and the other part revolves around its transforming ability to change print job data into a language intelligible to the printer.
Each printer is built with a special driver created specifically its setup for each operating system it will work with. Each printer must be installed on your computer. If it is not configured correctly or if the wrong driver is set up in the computer, the machine will not detect the printer accurately. However, some printers employ the services generic printer drivers included with the OS (like Windows 8), which allow printing without the need to install more drivers; However, this may prevent the user from exploiting the full abilities of the printer, as certain tools, functions and settings may not be available.
Reasons to Use a Driver Update Tool
Finding, downloading, and installing drivers can be time-consuming, especially when:
- Several drivers must be downloaded simultaneously
- The driver to download is not listed on the manufacturer’s website.
Epson Printer Driver
Epson’s printing services let you print wirelessly from your mobile devices at the comfort of your home or offices via emailing of the files directly to your email address printer.
Epson printer driver lets you print remotely through computer’s printer driver, thus giving you more convenience to carry out your print jobs. There is a scanning to the cloud function that allows you to store your scanned documents directly in print services.
Canon Printer Driver
Canon Printer Driver is a dedicated driver management application that gives all operating system users the ability to use the full functionality of their Canon printers effortlessly. Designed to be quick, easy to use, and as unobtrusive as possible, the printer driver is a tool that the owner of the Cannon printer should use.
Canon, one of the most popular and widely used printers in the world, has decades of experience creating new ways to help users get the most out of print services. However, to allow any printer to connect appropriately to your personal or business computer, you must first install the necessary software driver that acts as an intermediary between print requests and the actual hardware. The complete functionality of modern Canon printers is achieved with efficient printing, low power consumption, and optimized communication with the host computer.
HP Printer Driver
HP Universal Driver (UPD) is a smart print driver that accommodates a wide variation of HP LaserJet and all-in-one printers. Created by Hewlett-Packard, it adds a universal driver and patented HP extensions. HP Universal Universal Driver makes driver distribution and management easy. The HP printer driver is capable of detecting HP printers and can be configured automatically depending on the functionality of the device.
HP Print Driver is a Microsoft Windows solution that offers two modes of operation, traditional and dynamic. Inactive way, it provides detection, automatic configuration, and management functionalities particularly suited to laptop users.
Why Do I Need To Update The Printer Driver?
When it comes to office machines, many companies plug in their new devices and expect them to work endlessly. However, like any other type of computer, printers must be updated regularly, and update drivers must be part of the printer’s maintenance routine.
In other words, a printer driver is a computer program that allows the software to communicate with a printer. Enable the device to understand (and use) the functions of the PC or mobile device. Printer manufacturers regularly release software updates.
Why should I update it?
There are several reasons why you may need to update your printer driver regularly. Among the most common are:
- Problems with the printer: If the printer does not print correctly, has an error, or works intermittently, the printer driver may need to be updated.
- Unable to print: The most common reason that a printer does not print is that the driver is damaged, corrupt, or missing. This is usually the result of a disconnection, which means that the device cannot detect files sent by the computer’s operating system. However, this can also happen because the driver was not installed correctly initially.
- Connection to the computer operating system: As technology is continuously evolving, a manufacturer may need to update its driver to allow the computer to continue communicating with the operating system. If it is not updated and the old software is still in use, the machine may hang and operate inefficiently.
- How To Update A Printer Driver: In relation to the printer model and the operating system, there may be several ways to complete an update of the printer driver. You can find out by consulting the manufacturer’s manual. However, some manufacturers offer an online service where you can analyze the problems encountered with a specific model. For example, if you have an HP laser printer, it is best to consult the manual or contact the HP printer online for information on how to update the HP printer driver.
- Windows Update: There is also the option to update the printer driver using the Windows Update Tool manually. A service offered by Microsoft, this can only be done on a Windows PC or laptop.
- If you choose to use the Automatic Updates feature in Windows, these updates will be performed automatically.
- You can see, you should know the manufacturer’s software versions of a printer driver. If you are not aware of it, you may see an increase in machine downtime and errors, such as missing print files, resulting in reduced office productivity.
The Benefits Of Having An Updated Printer Driver
Installing a driver update tool provides:
- Download speed and Internet connection up to 3 times faster
- Better computer performance for games and audio applications.
- Regular operation of all peripherals on your computer, such as printers, scanners, etc.
- Overall, PC performance has improved with automatic driver updates, which will keep all devices and the computer in top condition.