HP Print and Scan Doctor is software from Hewlett and Packard addressed for those who own HP scanner and printer device. HP is well-known as one of the best brands when it comes to computer hardware, particularly printer and scanner. HP has some products as well that merge the function of the two tools, making scanning and printing can be done with one single tool.
To make sure the scanning documents and photos can be done easily using HP scanner or HP printer and scanner, HP Scan Doctor is totally needed. Installing this software in your personal computer is going to make you solve any problems related to scanning device. Here is the full information about the software for you.
What is HP Print and Scan Doctor?
The Scan Doctor is created by HP as a free tool that can be used easily on Windows. This software is used to fix problems on scanners or printer-scanner that belong to HP brands.
What is Its Function?
Well, HP Scan Doctor is a useful tool. There is no doubt that you can find numerous functions of the Scan Doctor. Some of the best functions of this software are diagnosing any errors related to the scanning device and fixing common problems with the scanning device, including unsuccessful scan, no computer detected, deactivated device, and so on.
How to Download and Install HP Print and Scan Doctor ?
To download and install the Scan Doctor software on PC successfully, follow these step-by-step instructions.
- The first thing that you need to do is downloading the driver package. The package can be downloaded from the link gived below.
- Then, run Run Run HPPSdr.exe file from the downloaded folder. The installation should start automatically within seconds. Follow the instructions appear on your screen until the installation is completed.
- When the installation is done, check on the desktop. There should be Scan Doctor icon the screen (a briefcase-shaped icon with HP logo in the middle). That icon is the one to click when you want to fix the scanner.
How to Use The Software?
In addition, to use HP Scan Doctor software, here is a simple guide to do it.
- Open the Scan Doctor software and click start.
- Choose the scanner that you want to fix.
- Click “Fix Scanning” to detect the problem.
- Wait for the result. If the result comes back with checkmark icon, it means that the scanner is okay. On the other hand, if it has wrench icon, it means the problem with scanner was found but already fixed. If there is exclamation mark, it means the problem is not found and the scanner test has failed.
- In case you need to learn more in dept detail how to use the software please read HERE
Those are basically what you need to know about the software from HP. Scanning documents or a photograph is something very common these days. This is why the existence of a good scanner is very helpful in many circumstances. Using HP Scan Doctor is going to eventually help you solving problems related to the HP scanner you use at home.