Before becoming obsessed with up-to-date drivers, you should keep in mind that while we always recommend keeping your software up-to-date for stability and security, drivers are another issue. Although you should be aware of the security updates posted, different versions of the driver may have stability issues, so if your hardware is working as expected, it is best not to upgrade because you never know when it could cause problems. You will rarely get high speeds or feature improvements from a driver update, so if you don’t see in the release notes that there is something great, it’s usually OK to ignore.
Instead, update the drivers only if you have hardware problems. Suppose your printer does not print correctly. In such situations, on the first thing to do is to update the driver, as these issues can be resolved in a new update.
Where to Download Drivers From?
You must install or update a driver, but there are often several options for obtaining it. When you connect a device for the first time, Windows often installs its generic version of the driver, and the device immediately gets basic functionality. For some things, that’s fine, but you will often find that downloading the driver from the manufacturer’s site offers many additional features.
- Directly from Windows: Generic Windows drivers are generally the minimum required for something to work. It’s not ideal for most things, but in some cases, like printers, it’s precisely what you want. If you visit the printer’s website, they will only provide you with a driver that includes many software programs that may consist of other functions, but not necessarily the ones you will use. Periodic printing and scanning are already integrated with Windows and the photo editors, cloud services, and other types of garbage that fill the machine. So instead of getting the drivers from other sites, just download them directly from Windows.
- From the CD supplied with the device: These drivers are probably out of date when you turn on your computer, so you should download the drivers from one of the previous sources. The only exception: Ethernet drivers, if Windows has not integrated them. If you start your computer and cannot access the Internet, you cannot download the drivers. Then install the Ethernet drivers on the CD, connect to the Internet, and download all the other drivers online.
Canon drivers need to be updated regularly, especially if you’ve just upgraded to Windows 10 or another operating system. Driver updates are required to resolve issues with all Canon devices (including cameras, printers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines, etc.) and to improve computer performance. You have the option of updating the drivers manually or automatically. Both are discussed below.
Manually update Canon driver free download
To manually update the drivers, you must go to the manufacturer’s website and download the latest device drivers.
- Open Canon website and input the Canon printer or device model number
- Enter the printer model in the space provided and click the model as soon as it pops up
- Choose the OS and computer version from the menu
- Select the Software, Driver, or Firmware tab you want to download.
- Select the software or driver file that you want to download.
- Download and save
- After downloading, start the installation process by double-clicking the downloaded file.
- For windows users, the installation starts after double-clicking the downloaded file.
- For Mac Users, Double-clicking on the downloaded file brings out a .PKG file. Double click on this file
Check the system requirements and remove all previous versions of the Windows printer to start installing the USB connection and installing the driver.
Ensure the following conditions are met and items are present before you start
- Turn on the printer
- Get a USB cable with not more than 3 m in length.
- A USB port is on your PC: if the USB port is connected through a USB hub the printer may not get the right amount of power to function appropriately.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer from your computer. Reconnect the cable only when instructed to in the driver installation phase.
- Search for “devices” in Windows and click the settings in the Devices and Printers control panel in the results.
- Right-click the printer model icon and click Remove Device. If there are multiple printer icons, delete them all.
- Close the Devices and Printers window and go to the next step.
Step 2: Install the driver and configure the connection
Download and install the best printer driver available to complete your USB connection.
- Head over to 123.hp.com, input your printer model and follow the on-screen instructions to download the driver. Depending on the printer model, you can download the setup wizard from the HP Easy Start driver.
- If a driver or HP Easy Start is downloaded, use the instructions on the screen to open the download file and start the installation process. You will see a prompt asking you to choose a connection type, after which you can select USB. You are not required to carry out the leftover steps if the configuration process is successful.
Epson Drivers for Windows
The following are steps you can employ to activate Epson printer in your PC.
Note: Verify that the product is configured using Ethernet or wireless connection, as shown in the Start Here tab for the product.
To view the start sheet here, open the Epson support page, select the product, choose Manuals, and select Start here.
- Download the Epson Connect printer setup and install it.
- Accept the user agreement and conditions and click Next.
- Select Install, and Finish.
- Select the product and click Next.
- Choose the Register printer and click Next.
- Choose OK and click Next.
- You will see a printer registration with the Epson Connect message appears, select OK.
- It is either you;
- Create a new account, fill out the form and click Finish.
- If you have an existing account, you can choose the option I already have an account. Proceed to the Add New Printer form and select Add.
- Select Close.
Epson Driver for Mac
- Turn on the printer.
- Go to the official Epson website and choose to download and install the Mac version of the Epson Connect printer configuration utility.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue> OK.
- Click Install> Close.
- Select the printer and click Next.
- Note: If there is no pop-up window, you can install the Epson printer by opening Finder> Application> Epson Software> Epson Connect Printer Settings.
- Select the Register printer and click Next> OK.
- Scroll down and accept the T&Cs and click Next.
- You can create a new account if you are a new user or register with an existing account.
- Click on Close.